The tradition of changing rishtadari into more rishtadari is still prevalent in our society, it takes place in rich as well as poor families. Cousin marriages are still rampant in this part of the world, even though there have been numerous studies on the harmful effects of this phenomenon. From birth defects to still borns, can all be traced back to inter-family marriages.
Here are some of the less serious yet equally important social problems that this practice entails as well…
1. Getting used to not calling him Bhai anymore
2. You know all the dumb mistakes that they have made in their lives
let’s face it you know a little bit too much about your cousin all of the bad things they have done, all of the mistakes they have made You will know if your cousin has had girlfriends in his past, or if he was a party boy or if he had done some stupid . That kind of disclosure can not be good for a marriage.
3. You know too much about their family!
4. You can’t say anything bad about your saas because she is also your phupho!
5. You can’t even complain about His zaat…
6. You will have to consummate with someone you think of as your brother
7. He might even look really similar to you!
8. If it doesn’t work out Getting a Divorce can be pretty awkward
Let’s try and stop this trend and stop the forced marriages that women have to go through in our society. Let us know what you think in the comments. Source